ISO 29001:2020 “Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries – Sector-specific quality management system – requirements for product and services”.
The ISO 29001 standard defines requirements for the quality management system of organizations engaged in the petrochemical and natural gas sector. It covers the entire production chain from manufacturing to distribution.
The standard was first published in 2003 as ISO / TS 29001, based on a collaboration between the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the American Petroleum Institute (API) to give a reference for the quality system of all organizations that supply goods and services in the sector known as Oil & Gas.
Recently, May 14, 2020, it was revised to include the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015 standard
Any companies involved in the Oil & Gas sector providing the following services:
– research, production, transport and refining of oil and natural gas products
– design, manufacture, installation, operation and maintenance of equipment, systems and structures
– supply of components
– provision of assistance and repair services for equipment
– supply of technical, operational, support services (eg geological studies, non-destructive tests, etc.)
Beside the facts that a certified quality management system ISO 9001 is a key and often mandatory element of any company working in the Oil & Gas business, the ISO 29001 in addition focuses primary attention on basic aspects of primary importance for the sector, such as:
– Compliance with engineering and regulatory requirements of customers, main contractors, national and local authorities, etc.
– Project Management
– Supplier management (preventive action to reduce defects, reduction of rejects and waste in the supply chain).
– Conformity to specific safety requirements for products and personnel
Soon ISO 29001-2020 will become mandatory to all companies involved in the Oil & Gas business because the requirements set forth are specific for the quality management systems of organizations operating in the entire production chain of petrochemical and natural gas industries.
Analysis of the Quality Management System in use in order to provide advice and support to meet ISO 29001-2020 standard requirements conducted by personnel with specific experience in the oil, petrochemical and natural gas industry.
– Gap Analysis: Study of one or more specific processes of your QMS act to verify and implement missing elements
– System compliance: Study of each single process of your QMS
Training with a specific range of courses based on the understanding and application of the ISO 29001: 2020 standard developed and lectured by C&P staff with specific Oil & Gas knowledges and experience.
In order to ensure the best involvement and the consolidation of given knowledges the “Accelerate Learning” methodologies with the use of study cases derived from real experiences are used.
Training services offered:
Using the open discussion format to answer the following questions:
– What is ISO 29001: 2020
– How the standard is structured?
– Which are the specific and additional requirements to the ISO 9001: 2015 standard
Course developed to guide participants in understanding and interpreting the requirements of ISO 29001: 2020, providing the basic knowledge necessary for its application.
There are no specific requirements.
Course developed to guide participants in deeply understand the requirements of ISO 29001: 2020.
Specific case studies will lead the participants to apply the main requirements of the standard.
Have completed the ISO 29001: 2020 course – Basic Understanding, Interpretation and Implementation.
Both courses are available in both the format classroom and webinar